The Yarn Virgin

the adventures of popping my yarn cherry

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

swatching

After getting a curly whirly (details/pics to be posted later- I know, I keep procrastinating) off my needles, I decided that I'd swatch the mock rib pattern in the circular shrug for the upcoming Knitting Olympics. It took me a while to get the mock rib figured out, mainly because I didn't cast on an odd number. so every time I turned over the yarn to the other side, I'd purl when I should have been slipping and slipped when I should have purled. But eventually got it figured out, got everything measured (even though I don't have a ruler with me... I had to come up with my own sneaky devices) and know that I will be casting on 194 stitches on size 9 needles this friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home