The Yarn Virgin

the adventures of popping my yarn cherry

Friday, January 27, 2006

blog name

maybe I'll start off by explaining the title. I'm new to knitting (though learning quickly) and recently took a trip to one of the most popular LYS' in town. There, my equally virginal friend and I were touching everything and exclaiming, "ooh feel this one! this one's so soft!" "no, feel this one! it's sooo nice!" "omigod, I want to buy out this whole store!". We were overwhelmed with all our choices and didn't know which yarn to use for what. All this while the employees and regulars passing us by, I'm sure, were lauging inside (at us, not with us!) at our (yarn) virginity.

so, I'm pleased to present a foray into my knitting life- the adventures of popping my yarn cherry, if you will...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger knit_chick said…

    That's only the beginning! It's very easy to build up a huge yarn stash in no time. I can't not buy yarn when I go into a LYS. How's that for a lack of self-control?

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger tiffany said…

    well... right now I guess I'm limited by money (as a poor student). Which may or may not be a good thing!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger kliz03 said…

    I'm new to knitting as well and I love your blog! I wanted to pass along a site I found that has a few basics videos that give knitting tips. I'm not sure if you're interested in how to videos, but I found these useful when I was just starting out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home